Spring-Summer-Fall Internship Opportunity 2017
Bridal Blossom Enterprises Inc. is a growing event planning and floral design firm based out of Mississauga and operating all across the GTA. We have been in business for over 15 years, offering day-of event planning, along with floral and decor design. We pride ourselves in creating elegant, beautiful weddings for our mid and high budget brides.
Every year, we handpick a handful of individuals to train and develop so that they can get a true taste of the wedding industry and all it has to offer.
The internship is a 4 to 7 month, unpaid opportunity, beginning in April- May 2017 and ending in September-October 2017.
Our interns are our pride and joy and are valuable assets to our team. This is not just a volunteer position. This is an opportunity for an eager, hardworking and artistic-minded individual that is looking to develop their skills from an event, design, administrative or entrepreneurial standpoint. Our ideal candidate loves to get involved, take initiative and go the extra mile for our clients.
This internship is available to fulfill academic requirements as part of their event planning, hospitality post-secondary program or floral design program. For our spring/summer/fall term, we are opening three (3) positions for eligible candidates.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Proven experience in an administrative role and a strong attention to detail or experience in any area of design (as a career or hobby,)
- Impeccable organizational and multitasking skills,
- World class team player and excellent enthusiasm towards any tasks given to them,
- Ability to handle constructive criticism and feedback about ones performance,
- Access to a car on a regular basis is a must!
- Ability to commit 10 to 15 in-studio hours, and 5 to 10 remote hours, per week – therefore, having discipline and being a self-starter is also a huge asset.
- Must be able to commit to at least 80% of weekends.
Perks of being an intern:
- You will be able to gain hands-on experience in all aspects of the floral design world: We will cover areas as sales and marketing, flower order and purchase, floral design (both fresh and silk), delivery and setup of flowers and decor items to the church and venue.
- You will be able to gain hands-on experience in planning weddings, and have the chance to shadow certified coordinators and floral designers.
- You will be trained in handling wedding clients, preparing quotes, preparing time-lines and checklists and guiding brides throughout their planning experience
Based on your skills and interests, the 2017 Internship consists of the following.
Twenty-five Percent (25%) Administration
You will be a key player in assisting the marketing initiatives and the day-to-day operations of Bridal Blossom Enterprises, Inc. Tasks include: Preparing quotes, Pinterest boards, blog posts, video posts, automating our social media, assisting in the sales and marketing, e-mailing clients, managing appointments, attending client meetings at our studio and various other tasks.
Fifty Percent (50%) Floral Design
You will learn about:
Design Forms – Symmetrical triangle, circular, asymmetrical triangle, horizontal, vertical, oval, fan shape, crescent & Hogarth curve, European designs and hand-tied bouquets.
Design Techniques -* basing, focal area, terracing, grouping, clustering, zoning, banding, binding, shadowing, framing and parallelism, color harmony and new experimental design styles. *Proper Care and Handling of Fresh-cut Flowers – Processing fresh-cut flowers, merchandising, flower identification, learning about the availability of flowers in the Canadian marketplace, preparing and labeling boxes, preparing vases and dishes for centerpieces, preparing flowers, being the assistant for the head designer, preparing boutonnieres and corsages, maintaining freshness of all floral products, finishing the bridal bouquets, following wedding order procedures, learning wiring and taping techniques, preparing the bride’s, bridesmaids’s, maids of honor’s and flower girls’ bouquets, creating corsages and boutonnieres, setting up flowers for the ceremony and reception.
25% Out of office delivery, set up, take down.
Wholesale Execution Our program includes an exciting and informative field trip. We will visit many wholesale florists. You will see a large selection of fresh, silk, and dried flowers. Orchids and tropical plants and floral supplies, gift baskets, you will be given the task to pick up flowers and supply from the wholesaler.
Venue set up . On weekends you will assist in the deliver and set up of floral arrangements, linen, backdrops, decor, and of course, assisting on site at our events.
Please forward your resume to Mariana Harling, Event Coordinator, Lead Floral Designer.
Owner, Lead Designer
While we appreciate the high level of interest in our internship program, only eligible candidates will be contacted for interview.
Job Type: Internship
Required license or certification:
- G Class Driver’s Licence