As Canada’s largest privately owned window and door manufacturer, we are one of the most recognizable names in the industry. Founded in 1978, All Weather Windows operates branch locations across the country and 2 manufacturing plants. All Weather Windows has been named to Canada’s Best Managed Companies and 50 Most Engaged Workplaces and recognized in 2014 as Alberta’s Best Workplace. We are currently recruiting for a Service Technician to join our Mississauga team.
The Service Technician is responsible for operating a company truck, making local and out of town service calls to do on-site glazing as well as completing paperwork in customers’ homes on All Weather Windows products (windows and doors).
The Ideal Candidate will have a track record of excellent customer service, skill and proficiency with hand tools, and a positive team focused attitude. They will be able to complete simple jobs efficiently and effectively, and assist team members in more complex repairs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Operates service truck and services local calls in homes and businesses
- Completes on-site glazing and repair of product
- Handles on-site problems as they occur
- Performs heavy lifting of glass to complete site glazing
- Represents the company in contacts with dealers, contractors and homeowners
- Complies with all Health & Safety regulations
- Maintains detailed paperwork
- Perform Lock-outs for builder business
- Performs other duties as required
Primary Qualifications Required:
- Minimum 5 years experience in servicing/repairing/installing windows
- Experienced technician with in-depth product knowledge preferred
- Must be physically fit to perform heavy lifting of glass
- Valid Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Abstract
- Good customer relations skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a team player and able to work with minimal supervision
- Innovative and problem-solving skills
- Mechanically inclined and able to work on scaffolding at heights over 12 feet
- Flexible and adaptable in any situation
- Position will require working overtime and short notice
Status of Position
- Permanent Full-time
- Hourly position: Monday – Friday
- Salary to commensurate with experience and qualifications
Qualified candidates may apply by visiting our careers page at www.allweatherwindows.com/careers
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Where requested, and in consultation with the applicant regarding his/her individual accessibility needs, all reasonable accommodations will be made available to persons with disabilities to support full participation in our recruitment processes. All Weather Windows is proud to be an equal opportunity organization and takes pride in our recruitment and hiring standards.