Toronto Research Chemicals has significantly grown from a one-man part-time operation in 1982 to a world leader in manufacturing complex organic chemicals for biomedical and pharmaceutical research, with over 250 employees.
TRC is growing again! We are very excited to announce a major expansion.
Come join our team of incredible, intelligent, committed individuals that are able to make a big impact in the industry with their technical expertise.
The Toronto Research Chemicals Story
With offices located in North York and Richmond Hill, TRC specializes in products for innovative research. TRC manufactures more than 90,000 research chemicals used by scientists in more than 90 countries; supplying bio-analytical, biotechnology, pharmaceutical and chemical manufacturing companies, as well as hospitals, universities and research institutes.
President David Dime was influenced to pursue a career in chemistry by his father, a former pharmacist. In the early 1980s, David began a small company to supply researchers with chemicals not commercially available. On October 26, 1983, the company was incorporated and in 1985 his brother Charles joined as his business partner.
TRC has continued to grow steadily over the years, David is still the Head of Science and his brother Charles handles the financial aspects of the company. David says that the company’s success can be accredited to the innovative way in which they have dealt with problems while emphasizing the need for continuing to hire excellent employees!
Senior Systems Administrator
About the job.
A very exciting opportunity has arisen within Toronto Research Chemicals for a Senior Systems Administrator to join our team.
This newly created position will give the chance to the Senior Systems Administrator to plan, design and develop blue prints in collaboration with the Director of IT, select and implement computer systems and technology.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to build systems from ground up in the way they feel it best fits the company needs with support and guidance from experienced leadership.
The Senior Systems Administrator will be responsible for establishing connectivity between 2 campuses and 4 buildings, utilizing VPN, fiber-optic, routing, switches and VOIP technologies.
Another integral part of this role is to interact with teams and users on a daily basis to provide helpdesk support. You will be fully responsible for ensuring uninterrupted operation of all systems.
- Maintain and support the IT network infrastructure while ensuring high availability of reliable services
- Implement and administer windows servers, AD and Exchange server
- Install and maintain server hardware, SAN, Cisco switches and firewall
- Ensure completion of backup and perform data recovery when necessary
- Perform planned and emergency system maintenance to correct or prevent network outages
- Provide technical input to overall system design, network architecture and disaster recovery planning
- Analyze technology trends and recommend hardware and software improvements to boost network performance and improve system reliability
- Assist in design of new installations and in preparation of business cases for hardware and software procurement
- Provide assistance to end users and liaise with vendor support
- College or university degree in a related field with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Microsoft and Cisco Certifications
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems and Active Directory
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server and Exchange Organization planning
- Understanding of networking concepts i.e. TCP/IP, firewalls, switches, VPN, DNS
- Knowledge of VMWare and storage management i.e. SAN, Hyper Convergence and Software Defined Infrastructure technologies
- System management experience with a variety of technologies including LAN, WAN, Wireless, virtualization, Active Directory and familiarity with the latest hardware designs
- Experience with backup software, experience with DR planning is an asset
- Knowledge of Citrix XenApp sever and MAC OS
Working at TRC
Our employees are our best resource! TRC ensures safety always comes first. Our commitment to safety is imperative to delivering high quality products. Our employees also enjoy, medical and dental benefits, corporate gym discount, Monday to Friday, 40 hours/week, flexible start and end times and a casual dress code.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, along with your resume please submit a short cover letter highlighting your experience and fit.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
TRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer; promoting accessibility and inclusivity at work and offering accommodation for applicants as required and requested.