Toronto Research Chemicals has significantly grown from a one-man part-time operation in 1982 to a world leader in manufacturing complex organic chemicals for biomedical and pharmaceutical research, with over 250 employees.
TRC is growing again! We are very excited to announce a major expansion.
Come join our team of incredible, intelligent, committed individuals that are able to make a big impact in the industry with their technical expertise.
The Toronto Research Chemicals Story
With offices located in North York and Richmond Hill, TRC specializes in products for innovative research. TRC manufactures over 90,000 research chemicals used by scientists in over 90 countries; supplying bio-analytical, biotechnology, pharmaceutical and chemical manufacturing companies, as well as hospitals, universities and research institutes.
President David Dime was influenced to pursue a career in chemistry by his father, a former pharmacist. In the early 1980s, David began a small company to supply researchers with chemicals not commercially available. On October 26, 1983, the company was incorporated and in 1985 his brother Charles joined as his business partner.
TRC has continued to grow steadily over the years, David is still the Head of Science and his brother Charles handles the financial aspects of the company. David says that the company’s success can be accredited to the innovative way in which they have dealt with problems while emphasizing the need for continuing to hire excellent employees!
We now have full time positions available for: Senior Synthetic Organic Chemists and Analytical Chemists, Synthetic Organic Chemists. Junior Chemists, New Grads and co-op students may also apply!
Senior Synthetic Organic Chemist
Under the supervision and guidance of the Lab Supervisor, you will perform complex organic synthesis, produce complex molecules on various scales.
Job Requirements & Responsibilities
- A Master’s degree or PhD in synthetic organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry or similar technical program
- Advanced knowledge of organic chemical reactions, mechanisms and the ability to plan and develop complex multi-step syntheses
- Strong knowledge of a wide variety of organic chemical techniques including, photochemistry, dry reactions, water and oxygen sensitive chemistry, microscale manipulations, photochemical transformations, radical reactions, modern organometallic synthetic methods as applied to long multistep syntheses and extraction of natural products
- The ability to characterize products of complex structure by interpretation of spectral data
- Perform process development and research
- Set up reactions to synthesize and purify organic molecules and develop methodology for separating complex mixtures and advanced purification techniques such as ion-exchange and reverse-phase chromatography, including the development of crystallization techniques for the avoidance of such chromatography for separation of complex mixtures
- Work on a number of different projects of varying lengths and complexity
Working at TRC
Our employees are our best resource! TRC ensures safety always comes first. Our commitment to safety is imperative to delivering high quality products. Our employees also enjoy, medical and dental benefits, corporate gym discount, Monday to Friday, 40 hours/week, flexible start and end times and a casual dress code.
If you are interested in being considered for one of the above positions, along with your resume please submit the following documents to hr @trc-canada.com, indicating the position in the subject line:
- A short cover letter highlighting your experience and fit
- Current reference list
- Synthetic schemes summarizing your research, no paragraphs of text please
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
TRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer; promoting accessibility and inclusivity at work and offering accommodation for applicants as required and requested.