Full-Time Senior Laboratory Analyst
ARA – Avanti Rx Analytics Inc. is Canadian Controlled Substances Contract Organization offering analytical, extraction, formulation, packaging services to its national and international clients.
We have a great team of highly educated, experienced, passionate, and committed personnel.
We offer a highly competitive salary, medical insurance plan, and exceptional career development, and “the satisfaction that comes from knowing that the services we provide and the products we produce will improve the quality of human lives”.
We are currently looking for highly motivated, experienced Senior Laboratory Analysts to join our team.
- Efficient and timely analytical testing of routine as well as R&D samples (raw material, in-process and finished product) using instrumentation (80-90%) and wet chemistry (10-20%) techniques.
- Demonstrated experience with method optimization and method validation.
- Expert knowledge of HPLC and GC operation, associated software and sample preparation techniques.
- Excellent instrumentation and analytical problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
- Strong understanding of relevant GMPs, GLPs, SOPs, Health and Safety regulations and other established regulatory requirements.
- Efficient planning and execution of assigned work with minimal supervision needed.
- Flexibility to plan and prioritize multiple projects in parallel.
- Ability to recognize instrumental and /or analytical issues as soon as they occur and suggest resolutions to Management.
- Participation in Laboratory non-conformance investigations along with the QC Team Lead.
- Reporting data in accordance with relevant regulations (GMP) and company SOPs.
- Preparation of technical reports, SOPs and protocols, as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical and scientific support to other (junior) analysts.
- Performing all work in accordance with all established regulatory, compliance and safety requirements.
- Training junior analysts as required.
- Maintaining professional relationship with Internal/External Customers.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills Requirements:
- University (BSc) degree in chemistry or related field; advanced degree (MSc, PhD) is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of GMP laboratory experience, using GC and HPLC instrumentation.
- Thorough understanding of HPFBI and FDA GMP requirements as relates to the job.
- Understanding and efficient use of compendial methods and general chapters (USP, EP, etc).
- Excellent decision making and problem solving capability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for effective interpersonal interactions.
- Must contribute to and foster the development of a healthy cooperative environment.
- Must be flexible and capable of carrying multiple projects simultaneously.
The above positions are only applicable to permanent residence and/or Canadian citizens with a minimum three years of direct Canadian experience. Considering the nature of business a Clean Police Criminal Record is a pre-requisite of employment.
To apply, please reference “Senior Laboratory Analyst” in the subject line and submit resume, cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.