Royal York Road Nursery School (RYRNS) was founded in 1966 by a group of parents in the Sunnylea neighbourhood. The school operates as a co-operative program under the professional direction of our ECE Teachers and Assistants.
Part-time Registered Early Childhood Educator for our Toddler Room / Enrichment Programming.
– A diploma or degree in Early Childhood Education
– Registered and in good standing with the College of Early Childhood Educators
– Criminal Reference Check (Vulnerable Sector)
– Valid Standard First Aid/CPR Level C
– Up-to-date immunization record
The ideal candidate will possess a genuine passion for teaching young children, and dedication to helping develop and support their educational growth while encouraging social interactions. Key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Previous experience working with toddlers to preschool age is an asset;
- Experience developing and implementing emergent curriculum using the ELECT framework;
- Knowledge of ‘How Does Learning Happen’;
- Knowledge of the ‘Early Learning and Care Assessment for Quality Improvement’ and Ministry of Education licensing legislation (CCEYA), as well at Toronto Public Health requirements and standards;
- Complete and keep accurate records on all children in the program including daily attendance records, daily log book records, accident records and/or any other records or documentation required by the school’s policies and/or the Child Care and Early Years Act
- Provide direction and support to classroom assistants;
- Able and willing to work outside of the school’s operational hours (i.e. to attend Board meetings, special events, professional development, attending meetings/workshops, etc.) as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cohesive team setting;
- Demonstrated leadership skills;
- Strong communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills – able to communicate positively and effectively with children, parents, staff, and management (supervisor, board of directors);
- Basic computer skills are an asset (i.e. Word);
Application Deadline: Friday, August 18, 2017
Interested applicants can send their resume to: email@example.com