Zodiac Day Care is looking for Registered Early Childhood Educators for part-time/daytime Summer employment to work with our pre-school age children. Contracts are 7 weeks in length from July 3-August 18, 201, plus staff training.
Zodiac Day Camp, established in 1998 is a specialty camp for kids between the ages of 2-15. With the implementation of the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014, Zodiac Day Camp is opening Zodiac Day Care for Summer 2017, a licensed day care program for children 2.5-4 years old. Zodiac Day Care offers 7 convenient 1 week sessions with both half-day and three-quarter day options. Each day includes a variety of age-appropriate programming including a daily Zodiac swim lesson. Lunch and snack are provided for all staff members. Zodiac operates out of Leo Baeck Day School, South Campus located near Bathurst and Eglinton. As well as the amazing indoor air conditioned facilities, Zodiac also has access to outdoor Cedarvale Park adjacent to Leo Baeck and nearby Forest Hill C.I. pool.
The Early Childhood Educator collaborates closely with all other members of the team to provide nurturing care and education to young children in a group setting, under the supervision of the Centre Director; in accordance with the goals and curriculum plans of the centre and the philosophy and policies of the agency and in compliance with the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014.
- Responsible for the constant supervision, safety and well being of the children
- Recognizes and responds to the needs of each child by using developmentally appropriate teaching and child behaviour management techniques
- Shares in the responsibility for planning, preparing and implementing stimulating, age-appropriate activities that encourage children’s creativity and learning and promote each child’s social, emotional, cognitive and physical development
- Participates fully and consistently as a conscientious team member in caring for the children and in the overall operation of the program and centre; maintains regular and open communication with program team members and all other co-workers
- Establishes and maintains regular communication with parents
Hours Per Week:
Approximately 18-30 hours per week (dependent on position)
$16-$18 per hour
Candidates are asked to fill out an application by visiting our website www.zodiaccamp.on.ca and filling out an online “Camp Staff Application” under the ‘Staff Zone’ tab. Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail.