Get A Better Mortgage Inc.
Who we are: Get A Better Mortgage Inc. offers a personalized service that is professional, ethical and knowledgeable. Combined, the two owners, Robert DiStefano and Mark Tamburro, have accumulated over 35 years of experience in the Mortgage and Financial Service field. As mortgage brokers, our primary role is working for the client in arranging their mortgage. Get A Better Mortgage Inc. assists clients when purchasing a home, renewing their mortgage, refinancing their property, construction financing, second mortgages, obtaining mortgage protection insurance and more. As a leading mortgage brokerage, Get A Better Mortgage takes pride in ensuring everyone is completely satisfied with the level of services provided. That is why clients are happy to refer family, friends and colleagues time and time again.
Opportunity: We are seeking a motivated, experienced mortgage underwriter for our office in Etobicoke. The successful candidate will be able to assess customer’s credit history, income, assets and ability to pay within established guidelines and subsequently recommend mortgage applications.
Reports to: Owners
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full Time, 40 hours a week
Hiring Salary: Very competitive, depends on background and experience
– Assemble, organize and review application, financial information, and applicant’s documents
– Provide credit decision experience on complex mortgage packages.
– Liaison with lenders.
– Stay in constant communication with referral sources at all levels of the application process.
– Prepare an application and determine which lender is the best fit for the clients’ needs, and request appropriate documentation to get the application approved.
– Evaluate and analyse documentation supplied by client.
– Recognizes upsell opportunities, recommends alternate mortgage proposals and communicates with team to maximize opportunities.
– Effectively handle customer inquiries with the utmost service.
– Analyze information and reach a pre-approval recommendation.
– Revise and update procedures as necessary.
– Enter data and perform day to day clerical duties as needed.
– Ensure confidentiality of records.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
– Mortgage broker license is an asset (You will need to be licensed for this role within 1 month of hire if not currently licensed).
– A strong understanding of residential mortgage products.
– Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a time sensitive manner. Perform well in a busy operation and remain calm under pressure.
– Minimum 5 years’ experience with mortgage lending preferred.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Sales experience.
– Prior customer service experience.
– Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
– Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
– Ability to interact professionally both on the telephone and face to face.
– University degree is an asset but not required.
– Proficient with computers and word processing skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
How to Apply: if you would like to join our team, submit both a cover letter and resume to Lezah@getabettermortgage.ca with “Mortgage Underwriter” in the subject line. We thank all applicants however we will only contact those selected for an interview.
We look forward to meeting you.