Celebrating exceptional service since 2003, Neighbourhood Landscaping Inc. is an award-winning landscape company providing service primarily in Central Etobicoke. Our sustained and consistent growth has given us the unique opportunity to add a valued and respected member to our budding small business.
What you can expect is a caring and dynamic atmosphere. We are offering the chance to turn your daily job into a career surrounded by a supportive team and opportunities for long term advancement. If others would describe you as trustworthy, honest, respectful, and team oriented then Neighbourhood Landscaping is looking for you!
As our Landscape Technician you will have an incredible opportunity to take an assisting role in driving operations and efficiency in the field. You will serve as team member on site, and you must be dedicated to improving the value of our clients’ properties. A true Landscape Technician eager to learn and improve like you will help us achieve our big dreams!
COME GROW WITH US!
Lawn and Garden Maintenance
- General lawn maintenance including grass mowing, trimming, blowing
- General garden maintenance including weeding, soil turning, edging, pruning
- Spring and fall cleanups
- Garden enhancements
- Lawncare (e.g. fertilizer)
- Sod installation
- Groundcover installation (e.g. fabric, soil, mulch, gravel, stone, etc.)
- Eavestrough cleaning
- Debris removal
- Reports to Team Leader in regards to all equipment, materials needed, processes, customer interactions, and day to day occurrences
- Maintains a clean and organized vehicle, jobsite, and warehouse
- Assists Team Leader with daily schedule and job planning
- Keeps track of equipment while on site
- Maintains positive morale among personnel and actively promotes teamwork.
- Safety first, last and always
- Here, you’ll do all it takes to keep job sites up and running
- Assists Team Leader to maximize efficiency on site and ensure safety protocols are followed
- Leads by example by following company procedures, taking pride in their work and maximizing overall service quality
- Ensures proper office protocols are followed
- Trains and mentors new technicians
Customer Relationship Management
- Ensures customer satisfaction by interacting with clients
- Ensures that proper warehousing protocols are followed, that all equipment and supplies are properly signed out and accounted for
Previous industry sales experience is an assetHorticultural certification is an assetSome plant and turf knowledgeExperience creating planters and planting arrangements is an assetBackground in horticultureExperience driving with a trailer is an assetExperience using a snow plow is an assetClass G driver’s license with a clean driver abstract is an asset1 years industry field experience
Compensation Based on experience and meeting performance goalsLong term (not seasonal) Full-time and Part-time positions are available.
CO-OP Positions are available.
Year-round work is available (snow removal in the winter time).
Position will receive a lot of training and mentoring in the first year and salary is eligible for an increase once Landscape Technician has proven performance abilities
Include the following in your application- Please include this at the top of the email or in the cover letter. If you do not include this you will not be considered for the position
- Years of industry experience
- Equipment used (e.g. Stihl backpack blower, Echo Line Trimmer, Wright Standing mower, etc.)
- Horticultural Certification
All inquiries will be strictly confidential and not shared with anyone without your prior approval.
We thank all applicants in advance, however we will only be contacting successful applicants.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- Etobicoke, ON
- Landscaping: 3 years
Required license or certification:
- G Class Driver’s Licence