*Approximately 35-40 hours a week*
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Kitchen Assistant is responsible for the preparation and cooking of meals according to menu plans. Ensure that all food preparation and presentation meet the Chef’s standards and specifications. Maintain a safe, orderly and sanitized kitchen through proper food handling techniques. This position is for someone that has a love of food and a passion for learning. This is a good starting point for a person looking to further a career in hospitality.
- Completion or enrolment in cooking/food service courses or certificate program;
- Minimum two years’ experience in a high-volume food service business;
- Food Handlers Certificate an asset;
- Standard First Aid certification an asset;
- Smart Serve Certification an asset.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR TASKS:
- To produce products as instructed by the Chef.
- Work according to the menu specifications by the Chef.
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques.
- Ensure a positive & professional working environment throughout the kitchen.
- Abide to all hygiene/safety procedures.
- Monitor kitchen maintenance and report any defects of operating equipment to Chef.
- Report accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to direct supervisors.
- Work closely with standard recipes and plate presentation in order to maintain standards of quality in production and presentation.
- Apply culinary skills to prepare meals, with flavour, ingredients, temperature, presentations and quality consistent with standards and guest expectations.
- Correctly date and store food, sanitize equipment and take other measures to ensure integrity and quality of food products.
- Use equipment skillfully by following correct safe procedures e.g. knives, machines.
- Make appropriate adjustments in solving problems.
- Attends meetings as required as requested by the direct supervisor.
- Maintain positive relations with other staff and departments.
- Capable to perform repetitive duties.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as assigned by direct supervisors.
- Washing and storage of cooking and serving dishes.
- Cleaning of kitchen surfaces, equipment and floors.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please apply on website: https://trca.ca/about/careers/