Reporting to the General Manager, the Janitor is responsible for keeping all areas of the building clean and orderly.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous janitorial experience is required
- Experience cleaning a chemical laboratory or working in a laboratory is essential
- Excellent interpersonal, oral communication and time management skills
- Task oriented self-starter that takes initiative to get things done
- Strong problem solving skills
- Collect used glassware from the laboratories
- Wash and clean glassware by hand and/or by using automated laboratory glassware washer
- Excellent judgement, reliable and trustworthy with a good work ethic
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Clean and maintain floors by sweeping, mopping and/or vacuuming regularly
- Gather and empty trash and recycling receptacles daily
- Service, clean and stock restrooms daily and as needed
- Clean and dust and furniture, fixtures, walls, equipment, etc.
- Notify manager regarding equipment or other areas requiring repairs
- Request and order supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties
Working at TRC
Our employees are our best resource! TRC ensures safety always comes first. Our commitment to safety is imperative to delivering high quality products. Our employees also enjoy, medical and dental benefits, corporate gym discount, Monday to Friday, 40 hours/week, flexible start and end times and a casual dress code.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, along with your resume please submit a short cover letter highlighting your experience and fit to email@example.com.
Please note that applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
TRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer; promoting accessibility and inclusivity at work and offering accommodation for applicants as required and requested.