Rexel is a world leader within the electrical distribution market. We operate in 35 countries, conduct business through a network of 2,100 branches and rely on the support of 28,000 employees internationally to provide electrical solutions and equipment within the industrial, residential, and commercial sectors. Throughout the world, Rexel is accelerating electrical advances in close collaboration with its customers and partners.
Within Canada, our operating banners of Nedco, Westburne & Rexel Atlantic allow us to serve our customers through a network of 200 + branches across the country ensuring that local service, inventory availability and knowledgeable support are close by.
We are currently looking for an Intermediate Accountant.
- Prepare and reconcile the division’s bank accounts
- Perform the cheque clearing function with other banking responsibilities
- Reconcile the cash sales reports
- Assist in the division’s month end process i.e. prepare and post journal entries
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial information
- Prepare and reconcile the division’s balance sheet accounts
- Maintain and reconcile the division’s fixed asset system
- Perform detailed examination of financials to assist in identifying and resolving issues and opportunities
- Prepare inventory reconciliations
- Prepare and distribute daily sales, inventory and GP reports
- Participate in special projects and adhoc requests, as required
- Identify and implement process improvements, when applicable.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Advanced Excel Skills
- IBM Cognos TM1 and AS/400 systems knowledge helpful
- Minimum 2 years of accounting related experience
- Strong communication skills to understand concepts and effectively communicate for quick resolution. Normal courtesy, respect and tact required
- Effective problem solver and a team player. Easily gains trust and support of peers, encourages collaboration
- Pursues everything with energy, positive attitude, drive, and a need to finish. Seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- University degree or College diploma in Accounting seeking professionally recognized accounting designation
How to Apply
Our online application will allow you to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and work preferences, and should take about 10–15 minutes to complete. You can start, save and finish the application at a later time, and you can get a copy of your personality assessment when you’re done by logging into the tool afterwards.
The application process includes the option to upload a picture. Please note that at our company we turn off the display of pictures.
Please apply here: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/18174
If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in Fitzii.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.