About the Company
The Canadian Institute, part of the C5 International group of companies, has for over 30 years been one of Canada’s leading providers of conferences and related products to leaders in the legal, business, and government sectors.
With offices in Toronto, New York and London (UK), our talented team of professionals believe that growth and success occurs when the power of people and the power of information come together. This position will be based out of our Toronto office. http://www.canadianinstitute.com/home
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and results driven individual to join our inside sales team, to promote and sell our conferences to senior executives in various industry sectors. Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Sales Representative will be responsible for executing all stages of the sales cycle, from lead generation, initial and follow up contacts with the clients, to closing the registrations. Our Sales Representatives benefit from interacting with a high caliber client base from top companies across Canada, along with gaining knowledge of different industries within a short period of time.
- Contact nominated prospects via telephone and make presentations clearly, explaining the benefits of specific conferences.
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with past and prospective clients
- Lead generation – research and identify relevant prospects to convert into conference attendees
- Execute all stages of the sales cycle, from lead generation (leads are also provided by the marketing department), initial and follow up contacts with the clients, to closing the registration
- Initiate additional business opportunities during campaigns, including: selling to additional and/or alternative prospects, cross-selling other CI events, selling workshops and selling conference publications
- Follow up on incoming sales inquiries, and undertake necessary steps to achieve the sale.
- Provide updates to all departments as required on progress of the conferences.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the Delegate Sales Director.
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum education; Grade 12 diploma
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in telephone-based sales
- Conference experience is an asset
- Proven track record of sales success in a commission-based, quota-driven environment is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel & Outlook is an asset
This position is eligible for benefits and commission.
Interested in joining the team? If so, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org