Full-Time Food Service Supervisor (duties as Kitchen Manager)
Employer’s Name: Mandarin Restaurant Franchise Corporation
Business Address: 8 Clipper Court, Brampton, Ontario L6W 4T9
Business Phone #: 905-451-4100
Fax #: 905-456-3411
Branch Restaurant: Brampton West Branch
Location of Work: 165 Fletchers Creek Boulevard, Brampton, Ontario L6X 0Y7
Branch Restaurant Phone #: 905-450-3000
Title: Food Service Supervisor (duties as Kitchen Manager)
# of Positions: 1
Employment Term: Full-time (minimum 40 hours/week)
Term of employment: Permanent
Summary of Position:
Mandarin Restaurant Franchise Corporation has over 20 locations across Southern Ontario. Our award-winning all-you-can-eat buffet offers over 150 delicious dishes showcasing the best in Chinese Canadian fare.
The Brampton West Branch of Mandarin Restaurant is offering a position of Food Service Supervisor (duties as Kitchen Manager). The Food Service Supervisor is responsible for all kitchen functions, including but not limited to food purchasing, receiving, preparation, and maintenance of quality standards, safety, sanitation and cleanliness. The Food Service Supervisor is also responsible for the training of employees in connection with the aforementioned functions.
Education: Completion of a post-secondary diploma in food service administration, restaurant management or related discipline
Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years of experience in a similar capacity
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
2. Responsible for ordering food products according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are received in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
3. Ensure all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
4. Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and disciplining kitchen personnel as appropriate.
5. Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of new kitchen employees, including safety training in first aid, lifting and carrying objects and handling hazardous materials.
6. Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
7. Oversee the training of kitchen personnel in safe operation of all kitchen equipment and utensils, and responsible for maintaining appropriate cleaning schedules for kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas.
8. Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
9. Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures including checking and maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points.
10. Work with restaurant managers to plan and price menu items.
11. Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
1. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English
2. Experience in customer service
3. Must be able to work well in fast-paced environment
4. Strong leadership skills and organizational skills
Please send resume and cover letter to email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to: 905-456-3411