Employment Opportunity: Facilities Support Staff
Reports to: Facilities Coordinator
Position Type: Temporary Part-Time Contract (1 Position)
Hours and Location: Casa Loma/St. James Campus, Monday to Friday, 3pm-8pm
Contract Length: August 21 – October 27, 2017
The Student Association of George Brown College operates on four campuses (Casa Loma, St. James, Waterfront and Ryerson). This position may require you to work at the St. James campus from time to time.
The Facilities support staff is responsible for the maintenance of all the Student Association owned spaces. You will work with the Facilities Coordinator to keep the Student Association spaces clean, tidy and safe for all the students at George Brown College.
- Providing routine and emergency janitorial services as assigned, including cleaning of washrooms, office and meeting spaces, removal of Garbage and recycling, maintenance of floors, cleaning of tables in cafeteria, etc.
- Meeting room preparation for events, setting up tables for vendors.
- Must be willing and able to operate various machinery (floor buffer, vacuum cleaner, steam cleaner).
- Vacuuming and mopping of all assigned areas.
- Heavy lifting of furniture, supplies and equipment.
- Ensure equipment being used are in good working order.
- Help with the monitoring of students to ensure facilities are not damaged and report and such actions.
- Help perform minor maintenance in all spaces as required by the Facilities Coordinator.
- Ensure applicable codes, standards and policies are adhered to.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time.
- High School Diploma.
- Experience working as a cleaner in commercial or residential sites.
- Verbal and written proficiency in English with the ability to communicate effectively required.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a day.
- Capable of fulfilling the physical requirements of the job outlined (ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs (23kg) repetitively)
- Proficient with Microsoft office
- Must be able to work in a diverse college community
How to Apply:
To be considered, qualified applicants must submit a resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00PM on Monday August 14, 2017
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
We are the Students of George Brown College, committed to supporting each other in the struggle for student rights, the pursuit of quality education and the provision of services in a safe, accessible and equitable environment.
Commitment to Equity
The Student Association is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates from among those groups of individuals that are traditionally underrepresented to apply.