Full-Time Customer Service Representative
We are currently seeking customer centric and detail oriented individuals with charisma and enthusiasm to join our customer service team to build client relationships, provide outstanding service and drive loyalty. The Customer Service Representative, reporting to the Customer Service Team Lead, will be responsible for providing product information, facilitating the registration process, and ensuring the customer’s needs are exceeded before and after the conference. Our Customer Service Representatives have the unique benefit of working within a global team and interacting with high profile professionals from around the World.
- Answer inbound telephone and email inquiries related to products and services.
- Responsible for the entry of order information into an internal database stemming from telephone, mail and electronic channels including Live Chat.
- Outbound calls to all electronic and hard-copy registration orders to confirm receipt and capture missing contact details, marketing key codes and communicate payment policy.
- Review audit of daily entry activity and amend files by end of business day to ensure accurate delegate records.
- Promote and up-sell conferences, workshops, publications and any offerings of the C5 Group Companies.
- Contact delegates to collect on outstanding balances. Provide updated Tax certificates and other financial documents as required by the customer.
- Build and manage customer relations by proactively responding to customer issues; escalate negative customer relation issues where possible by communicating proactively with management.
- Ensure consistencies in customer service operations as well as recommends procedural enhancements to improve departmental performance and accuracy.
- Ensure venue changes and event cancellations are communicated to all parties.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the Manager of Global Customer & Data Services and Senior Management.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to all levels both within and outside the organization are essential.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Customer service focused with the ability to handle difficult customers professionally and diplomatically.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Good listening skills with the ability to overcome customer objections.
- Multi-tasking ability and strong time management skills.
- Forward-thinker, with the ability to anticipate and take the necessary steps to minimize future obstacles.
- Exercises good judgment and makes effective, sound, timely and informed decisions. Considers both short and long-term interests of the customer in making service decisions.
Education & Qualifications
- Minimum Education: Grade 12 diploma (college or university degree preferred)
- 2 years of customer service related experience
- 1 year call center experience preferred
- Payment collection experience preferred
- Strong communication skills in English – written and verbal
- Knowledge of information systems and technologies that support effective Customer Service is an asset
- Typing speed of at least 45 w.p.m.
This full-time permanent position is eligible for benefits.
This position requires working Monday to Friday during business hours and the occasional statutory holiday.
Interested in joining the team? If so, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org