Reporting to the Director of Finance based in Montreal, you will ensure a consulting role with the direction regarding the planning, the organization and coordination of financial operations of the Toronto branch making sure that accounting policies and procedures are applied.
• Prepare the financial statements of the branch, including bank reconciliations and journal entries;
• Prepare and monitor budgets;
• Support and lead the administrative team in the day-to-day accounting operations;
• Prepare various financial reports;
• Meet the financial demands of head office and the management in Toronto;
• Control the cost of projects, analyze variances and produce recommendations;
• Follow the billing in connection with contracts signed and costs incurred;
• Follow the receivables collection;
• Sign the cheques for the branch;
• Make sure that the head office processes and controls are applied in accordance with corporate policies and procedures;
• Produce the projected financial statements and a list of upcoming earnings;
• Prepare the year-end file in relation to the branch audit;
• Support the sales team and the management of Toronto in the bidding process;
• Participate in the process of improving accounting projects;
• Work with the Director of finance for various special projects.
Level of education : Bachelor degree in finance and CPA, professional title;
Work experience : Have a minimum of 7 years of experience in a similar position;
Requested skills :
• Solid skills in accounting in a business context;
• Experience in the production of financial reports;
• Excellent control of computer management (ERP) and subsequently systems Office (Excel, Word);
• Excellent proficiency in English both oral and written (French an asset).
• Demonstrate a motivating leadership to manage change, to anticipate problems and to find effective solutions in accordance with the business of the company processes and policies;
• Ability to work effectively, proactive and meet tight deadlines;
• Ability to work under pressure and adapt to change;
• Oriented toward teamwork and the spirit of collaboration;
• Good communication skills, listen to clients and collaborators.