A small Mississauga Construction Company with Canada wide projects seeks an organized individual with an eye for detail.
Our ideal candidate must be able to prioritize a wide variety and volume of daily tasks and be comfortable shifting between those tasks throughout the day. This position requires experience in construction administration and financial management. It also requires the personal skills to coordinate effectively with Project Managers, Superintendents and subcontractors. Necessary skills include contract administration, coordination of project financial data, basic purchasing, lien waiver administration, preparation of monthly billings and general project information administration. Required software competencies include Simply accounting, sage 50 &Excel and Word.
- Manage, organize and maintain monthly invoicing from all vendors; including verifying bills are paid on time, amounts are correct and associated paper work is included with monthly invoicing
- Enter vendor invoices into the accounting system, ensuring accurate data and G/L account allocation
- Coordinate payment distributions with all vendors
- Invoice monthly payment applications for all customers and track payment from customers
- Read and understand project related contracts and subcontractor documentation to ensure project set up procedures are aligned with contract terms and conditions;
- Collect, reconcile, seek approval and process all project related subcontractor payments, general expenditures, internal hourly payroll costing allocations and all other financial transactions in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet all contract payment terms;
- Assemble client billing packages in accordance with approval procedures and processes to ensure client is in receipt of billings on a timely basis and payments are received as per contract terms and conditions;
- Maintain accurate and timely cash flow data, both current and forecasted as compared to projected cash flow assumed in financial model (as applicable to the project);
- Provide internal distribution of financial information to evaluate profitability and performance compared to the established forecast & budget;
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing monthly reports for owner/consultant and internal reporting;
- Administer all approved change orders and maintain accurate records in tracking contemplated change notices, change directives and requests for information;
- Provide direct financial communication with the owner, subcontractors, internal financing department and project team;
- Interact with clients to follow-up on vendor invoice issues and discrepancies
- Maintain accounts simply accounting (Sage 50) and balance accounts monthly
- Manage, organize and update project files ensuring accurate maintenance of all files for all contract documents
- Process check requests and expense reimbursement reports, including payroll and WSIB and Union dues. .
- Maintain vendor files and accounts payable documentation
- Follow and enforce accounts payable policies and procedures
- 3-5 years of related experience processing construction accounts payable including bank draws and lien releases
- You have working knowledge of various accounting databases and you are an expert with Excel;
- Remarkable attention to detail
- Stellar communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Simply Accounting (Sage 50)
- Ability to travel locally, ie. To bank, shops etc.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements
***We conduct reference checks prior to extending interviews. If you do not provide professional references, we may not consider your application.